Sunday, September 28, 2008

One Last Knock

(c) 1984 Karen Suzi Austin and Lee McKee

Tell me what possessed you to open the box deep in your heart
You knew the conditions of the situation were designed
Specifically with you in mind

This evil is free upon the earth and strikes at will
With no regard for human life the beast inside me won't be still
I think he's sharpening his wit

And I can't tell the killers from the ones who wish me well
Just the memories won't bring me back from hell

Since it seems that there's some lesson to be learned
In purging your soul and letting your fingers be burnt
For what it's worth, I'd rather not have opened this discussion

Serious repercussions thrive
I move to the window quite alive
Accusions fly
I hide my eyes


From Critical Mass' second studio effort Strings Attached (1984).

No comments: